A glass bottle spontaneously explodes while shelved at a store, causing a severe facial laceration and scarring to the arm of a young man. The young man received $330,000.00 as compensation for his damages, even though the insurance company initially made no monetary offer.
A woman was hit and killed by a drunk driver. The woman’s teenage daughter was in the car at the time of impact and survived, but was emotionally traumatized by the crash and the subsequent loss of her mother. The teenage daughter and the deceased woman’s family received $1.586 million as compensation for their loss.
A man residing in a group home fell from a second story window, causing extensive injuries to his hip and lacerating his head. The group home paid $312,000.00 to the resident and his guardian as compensation for his injuries due to their negligence.
A young lady was washing her hands at the bathroom sink of a restaurant when the sink unexpectedly fell from the wall, lacerating her fingers as well as her knee. The young lady sustained permanent partial loss of functioning in her fingers, and was left with scarring and stiffness in both her fingers and her knee. The jurors returned a verdict for the young lady in the amount of $230,000.00. The offer from the restaurant previously was $45,000.00.
A young boy was attending his first baseball game at Comerica Park. A line drive flew into the stands, striking the boy in his head, splitting his skull open.
A woman attended a Detroit Tigers baseball game and as she sat eating popcorn, a ball flew into the stands, striking her in the eye, causing total and permanent blindness.
A college age young lady was stopped at a stop sign when a gentleman rear-ended her, causing her back damage. The gentleman’s insurance company only offered $15,000.00, however, the jurors returned a verdict of $500,000.00.
A janitor of a public school began composing and sending multiple letters defaming one of the school system’s administrators. The letters were malicious and untrue, and the janitor sent them to various public figures, as well as other employees of the school system. The school administrator was awarded $1.4 million as compensation for the damage to her reputation, in addition to the embarrassment and emotional trauma the incident caused.
A young man went to a nightclub to socialize with friends, when a fight broke out amongst other men in the crowd. Although the young man was not involved in the fight, he was dragged outside onto the street by several nightclub employees and was severely beaten. As a result of the beating the young man sustained scarring to his head and face. He was awarded $220,000.00 for his damages.
A client with cerebral palsy who was confined to a wheelchair was severely injured when her electric chair lurched off the back of the handicapped van, smashing her face and wrist into the ground. The Defendants settled the case after the first trial ended in a mis-trial.
Girl wins $1 million from the Detroit Tigers
- A woman cracks a tooth while eating at Burger King. She was offered a free meal. Instead Attorney James O. Elliott took the case to trial and received a verdict of close to $100,000.00.
- A young girl was burned while she was playing under a neighbor's kitchen table. A pot of coffee poured on her when she became entangled in the coffee pot's cord. She received well over $100,000.00
- A ninth grade boy is beaten by his football coach because the coach did not like how the team was celebrating a victory
- An 18 year old female is sexually assaulted by her physician after she went to him for a complaint of back pain.
- A 25 year old woman with the IQ of a 2 year old is raped while in a foster care home. She gave birth to a son and the home was planning to have the child adopted without ever informing the woman's family members.
- A young girl had her eye cut in half as she was looking out a window while visiting a relative. The girl's mother tried for 2½ years to locate an attorney to take the case but no one would because they did not feel they could establish liability on the part of the person who owned the home. Attorney James O. Elliott was successful and received a large settlement on behalf of his client.
- A four year old boy is severely bitten on the face by his aunt's dog. Her homeowner's insurance policy paid for the injury.
- A woman falls off a step at a local restaurant after consuming wine and a meal. The case settled for over $100,000.00.
- The Detroit Red Wings pay for injury to a fan struck in the face with a hockey puck.
- A client receives a settlement in excess of $1,500,000.00 for an injury to her eye when a display fell upon her in a home improvement store.
- A high school student receives over $1,000,000.00 for an injury to his hand caused by an electric saw in shop class.
- A client with cerebral palsy receives $75,000.00 when the defective wheel chair she is in causes her an injury.
- A young boy receives $330,000.00 from an automobile driver's insurance company when he is hit as he rides his bike. The police officer performed a faulty investigation and determined that the young 14 year old was at fault. We proved otherwise.
- A young lady received the full policy limit of insurance coverage when she was hit by a snowmobile after she fell from the one she was driving.
- Mr. Elliott represented 11 ex-patients of a dentist who sexually molested them on separate occasions after they were sedated for dental treatment.
- A young individual attending a winter camp is given a ride on a snowmobile by a camp employee. The employee drives in a dangerous and reckless manner, causing the child's body to rise out of the seat of the snowmobile, and then come crashing back down so severely that their spine was broken. The young person received over $1 million as compensation for their pain, suffering, and permanent disfigurement.